Students apply to the Korean Flagship Program online. The program has two priority deadlines:
November 15, for those who want to begin in the spring
March 15, for those who want to begin in the summer or fall
Before starting the application, please make sure to gather the following documents and information:
- Transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended. If you are a UW-Madison student, you can obtain an unofficial transcript through self-service in your Student Center. Electronic versions of transcripts can be uploaded in the online application form. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. If you are a high school senior (who has been admitted to UW-Madison), or a freshman enrolled in First Semester Korean please also submit your high school transcript.
- SAT and ACT test scores (official documentation not needed).
- Complete educational background, including the name and address of all schools or institutions attended, dates attended, degree(s) earned and date(s), and grade point average (GPA).
- Statement of purpose (500 words): Why are you interested in the UW-Madison Korean Flagship Program? How does the program fit with your educational and career goals? In answering these questions, describe experiences that you have had to date that prepare you for this intensive program.
- Self-evaluation of Korean language proficiency.
- Two letters of recommendation, due to the Korean Flagship Program on or before the application deadline. At least one letter should be from a foreign language teacher; if you have formally studied Korean before, at least one reference must be from one of your Korean instructors.